Webinar Series – Part 2:
Mega Solar Projects and Grid Integration Challenges – Benban’s return on experience
Designing and realizing mega-projects like Benban Solar Park brings along its own challenges. In our webinar Voltalia discusses the history of Benban’s commissioning and its particularities related to the project’s enormous size, while Reuniwatt presents the aspect of weather and production forecasting.
- A history of Benban’s commissioning and its particularities
- Weather and production forecasting of mega-plants
After the Webinar you’ll have an understanding of:
- The essential points to be addressed in order to integrate a mega project into the grid (requirements of the grid operator, compliance list, technical specifications).
- The limitations applied by the grid operator to allow the production of the solar complex to be regulated (specifications in the grid code and connection points).
- How climatic challenges to be overcome in desert areas.
- How forecasting helps maintain the supply-demand balance
Initial broadcast date: October 15th, 2020
Sales & BusDev Manager, Inaccess
Asset Owner, Voltalia
Power Systems Expert, Voltalia
Lead Data Scientist, Reuniwatt